How to do meditation at home
There is no doubt that you have already seen that man or woman sitting bowing the knees, putting the hands over the knees, and making that symbol of ‘Om’. Probably, you have seen this in one of those scenes related to India, China, or Japan. That is what they call meditation. Everyone now over the whole world hears about meditation, and many people know how effective it is for the health of the body, the mind, and the soul. They become wonder how to do meditation at home in order to try it and relax the way they claim it causes.
The health benefits of meditation are so numerous. The people who meditate find it one of the best ways (if not the best) to get rid of the tensions, stress, anxiety, worries, depression, and several negative emotions. Besides, it helps them to have a better physical health. It is said that it causes the one to feel his own soul in his body.
Today, I decided to make for those people who wonder how to do meditation at home an easy detailed article. I aim to explain how they can simply meditate at their own home. Since it is not so common to find special places for meditation, and if you do find one, it shall be so expensive. Therefore, here is how to do meditation at home and keep your own money and your health. It is not so difficult by the way; you can do it simply at home.
Here are some tips that were made by experts in health and in meditation to show people how to do meditation at home:
- Set your goal of meditation and prepare for what you want to achieve. Make it a very clear point in your mind that you are meditating for that reason. People who meditate, they do it for different reasons such as; getting rid of emotional of psychological disorders, improving their creativity, relaxing and giving a rest to the mind and the body, trying to reach soul connections with the spiritual side, or many other things. Therefore, you have to pick up one and keep it in mind.
- Find a place where you can start your meditation. Mostly, people who want to learn how to do meditation at home, find themselves without an appropriate place. Well, certainly there is a place in your house, where the air is stable and fresh. A place where there is silence and empty one.
- When you start to meditate, you have to sit down, relax, and meditate for several minutes. Do not start the first time with 10 minutes or whatsoever. Always start small then increase it. Start with one minute a day or two, and see if you can handle it. Then increase the duration. Eventually, you will be meditating for over half an hour in about 6 months.
- People wonder at what time they should meditate. I recommend opening your day with it. Try to fix a daily time to meditate. Each day in the morning, early morning, is the best time of the day. Some people do this, but they forget. Well, you have a cell phone or an alarm, or anything, just put a note to remind you. In the early morning, the air is fresh, and nobody shall disturb you. That is why it is the perfect time.
- This is for beginners. If you have just started meditating, do not worry too much about how to sit? What position? What time? How long exactly? And whatsoever. Just do it! Certainly you have seen someone on the TV or internet, just try to imitate him or her a bit. Check the video below, it might be helpful.
- After you start meditation, check out how you feel. Do not check your feelings after the first two minutes. Do it for a while (few days) first, and then you can see how you feel. If you feel better, continue, if not, reconsider the way you do it.
- People who have just learnt how to do meditation at home and they have just started, might feel their mind wandering or they feel frustrated. That is all fine, and everyone does that. You cannot professional at that from the very beginning. Just start again, breathe deep, and follow the instructions.
- One of the most important things during meditation is to breathe deep. But, do not forget to count while breathing. Once you inhale the fresh air (say “ONE” in your mind), and then when your exhale (say “Two” in your mind). Keep doing that for over ten times and start from the beginning, until you finish the duration planned.
- Some people, who have just started learning how to do meditation at home, shall find themselves worried about many things. They might worry about their wrong way, they do not feel good yet, they cannot clear their mind… etc. do not worry about any of that. Nobody was born professional. By the time, you will notice that you will improve. All you have to do is keep patient, keep practicing, focus on your goals, and of course never give up.
- Many people who meditate, they have emotion problems. Plenty of those emotional problems are caused due to the relationship of them with themselves. Many people hate themselves, which might be so affective on their emotions. That is why, when you start meditate, consider that you have to think deeply about yourself and how your relationship with yourself. Make sure that you become a friend of you; a very close friend.
- When you are sitting and meditating, focus on what is going on around you. This step shall be after you finish all the previous. Try to think deeply about each sound, light, flesh, blow of air, or anything else. Try to guess the source of each one of those.
- Do not say that you are going to meditate and sometimes you do not care. Meditation is a commitment. You have to consider this as a very important and unbreakable rule in your life.
- If you travel or anything, do not get occupied or find the excuse that you cannot do it. You have to do it everywhere. You can find anywhere the things necessary to have your regular meditation.
- There are plenty of guiders and experts that are found on books or net. Try to pick up one and follow it. they help so much.
- If you have just started, ask your friends or the people around if there is any meditating association. There are some places where people who meditate make like small ‘communities’ for meditators. Try to join something like that if you are close.
- Each time you finish meditating, make sure that you put a smile on your face. That is going to make your whole day better and more creative. Do not feel bad about yourself, but just think positively.
There are many things you can do during meditations, but we tried to explain the best way how to do meditation at home simply and easily. I assume that there is NONE who cannot do this simple thing in his life.
Leave A Response