Different Types Of Pollution
Different types of pollution
Pollution is among the most serious phenomena that our world has known lately. The human development and evolution in technology and science made our blue planet face new troubles. After the 18th and 19th centuries, the level of pollution increased so badly, due to the revolution in the industry field. The technology and science caused the humans to develop new methods to produce the things we need. Those methods are through having new factories and companies that produce enough goods and products for us. This revolution and evolution caused the planet to face many different types of pollution. Today, I came to talk about these types of pollution; and how they affect every part of the environment.
What do we mean by the different types of pollution? Well, the difference is in the part of environment that pollution affects. Each one of those parts has its own causes and consequences. Today I want to talk about them all, or at least most common of them. The reason that leaded me to write about this topic is what I saw on science news lately; the scientists aim to add a new Geological age to the earth’s ages. They call this new age as Anthropocene. This age is not identified officially which beginning it has; either the start of Roman discovers or the late age of industry revolution in the last few centuries. It talks about the effects that human made to the earth. Those effects are related to the pollution and what it caused to the earth. So, let us move back to our main topic, and let us talk about the different types of pollution and here they are:
- The Water pollution: water as one of the most essential needs of life (if not the most)
- The Air pollution: another essential need of life, that provides us the Oxygen and other essential gazes
- The Soil pollution; as the source of every single thing we need for living and a home for billions of creatures
- The Radiation pollution; the new aspect of pollution that human made and it is very known in our time nowadays
- The Noise pollution; because of the living cities and traffic life we knew new aspect of pollution as noise pollution and which is really important
- The light pollution; another aspect of symbolic pollutions is the light pollution that affects our sight and eyes
- The Visual pollution: additionally to the light pollution, this one has relation with the signs and posters and lights around us, which make us feeling lost in such a mess and pollution.
Now let us move on to talk about those different types of pollution.
Different types of pollution; Water Pollution:
From the title of this part, you will recognize the meaning of this type of pollution, at least a facial idea. It is the pollution that is related to anything to dirty the water and make it unhealthy. It causes water to have different dangerous particles within it; such as bacteria, microbes, oil, insects, and many dirty and unhealthy things over it. Most known aspects of water that are affected are rivers, lacks, and even seas. And every aspect of the water is polluted because of different causes. Those causes include:
- The industries waste that the factories left behind. Because of the deadly water that it becomes after being mixed with those bodies, mane vivid things die and disappear in the water.
- The people who live near the rivers (mostly in the villages and mountains), wash their clothes and their things and the water goes directly to the rivers or the lacks to make it unhealthy. This matter that is spreading over the surface of the waters blocks the sunlight from coming into it to make the necessary reactions that keep the water healthy.
- Oils, any kind of oils that comes from the factories. The density of oil is lesser than of water’s, and so after mixing them both; oil goes up and water down. This is how the oil covers the facial of the water and blocks the sunlight as well as creating more negative chemical reactions within the water.
- Of course, there are some natural causes. The natural causes are concluded in the storms and hurricanes that bring many dangerous bodies to the water and cause damages in the source of it.
Different types of pollution; Air pollution:
The air is the most essential thing that keeps us alive. Without oxygen for just 5 minutes you will die. That is why I want to talk about the pollution of this aspect. As you may have already realized, the air pollution means that dirty and unhealthy air. The causes of this catastrophe are so many as well as the consequences. Probably the most obvious and dangerous consequence of air pollution is the Global Warming. This caused several things such as changes in the weather and climate. However, here are some important obvious causes of air pollution:
- Again, to the industry and the factories, it is obvious that many factories could cause the changes in the cleanness of the air and atmosphere through the smoke and the rubbish they cause and they make.
- The high increase in the public transports such as cars, trains, planes, and many others caused the increase of several dangerous gazes into the air. This caused it to be polluted. The gazes that are made are so dangerous to the health of any living thing on this beautiful planet.
- Moving as well to the natural causes, we cannot avoid talking about volcanos and fires. There are other natural causes beside the volcanos and forest fire, but those are the most known.
Whatever are the natural causes of this phenomenon, they cannot be as much destroying as the produced ones.
Different types of pollution; Soil pollution:
We might not specifically use the soil pollution to express this type of pollution, but we can use another clearer term, which is ‘Land pollution’. The damages that happen to the lands being polluted are too many and we cannot ignore them. These are some causes of this type of pollution:
- Just like water pollution, the land can be affected by the wastes and rubbishes of the industry and factories. This one has an obvious effect on the land. Some irresponsible people just make their factories waste put in the lands.
- Not only the factories wastes, but also the rubbish and wastes of human being and the public life, are considered an obvious cause of the land pollution.
- Moving also to the natural effects, we find that there are some natural causes such as desertification, dead animals and plants, and soil erosion.
Different types of pollution; radiation pollution:
You might be wondering why we would include such a pollution aspect to our list. So, the reason is simply because this kind of pollution can be even more affective and dangerous than the previous. The radiation we mean here is the rays and wastes or waves that are caused by the nuclear centers. We all know that the nuclear energy is now one of the most important things in our life. That is why people are looking for it so badly. And this increase in demand increases the level of pollution and damages.
The damages that radiation pollution can cause are too deadly and so bad. We all saw what happened after the WWII and how the nuclear war caused the permanent damages in the lands of the affected area (Hiroshima in Japan for example).
For the cause we may find;
- Nuclear heads and centers that produce this kind of ray and pollution in the air to kill thousands of people around the world
- For the other causes are some things we use in our daily life. Technology is depending on these things. From the phone you use to the microwave you have at home, all needs somehow the radiations to work.
- For the natural causes, there can’t be very affective cause. Unless the atmosphere disappears or the Ozone hole is wide enough to let the sun and space radiation come in (btw this is happening in the last decades).
Different types of pollution; the noise pollution:
As for this one, it is more significant than being practical. The noise pollution is meant here the noises and sounds around us in the life. From the noise of your alarm in the morning, the sound of traffic tram, to the sound of the TV in the evening. The noises are becoming a part of our lives. Once you get out of the city and go to a mountain (as I really recommend people to do); you will find how the noise pollution affects your life. As for the causes, I will talk in general; which are the traffic tram, cars, planes, voices, screams, music loudness, and anything that causes us losing silence. People are becoming more attached to the sounds and involved in a very noisy environment, which is causing it to be noisily polluted.
Different types of pollution; the light & visual pollution:
Because of the advanced world we live in, we are surrounded by so many aspects of lights and visual announcements. The world is now more economical and business world than being a world of peace and healthy life. That is why; most of the economical companies use the lights and visual things to attract people. This caused the cities and roads full of lights, posters, pictures, screens, and many other things that made it look like visually polluted. This is what I meant by the light and visual pollution. I called it ‘pollution’, because it killed the natural and the real life.
Finally, I hope that I could make it clear for you to know what the different types of pollution are. Now, I hope that everyone reconsider himself and try to decrease the most he can from this pollution. If you have no way, at least do not use your car for anything, but use your feet or a bike, that would be so much better.
Leave A Response